Saturday, September 29, 2007

A wedding, a dance, and a baseball game

We have all three this weekend. Svenja has her first Homecoming this weekend. Last night was the game, and they lost, again. This team has not won a game yet. The days of the week with the dressing different was really strange to her. She participated in the dress like a famous person and the time wrap day, but the Pajama day was really strange to her. She refused to go to school in her pajamas and thought that was the strangest thing. She was the only senior not to dress up that day, but she is Ok with it.

Warren has meet her date for the Homecoming dance when he picked her up after Volleyball. I meet him tonight. I cannot remember his last name, but his first name is Daniel. The good thing about having the youth group is that I could find out if this is a nice guy or not and he is a pretty good guy. He can't drive yet, so they are carpooling, which makes me a little less nervous. I'm such a worrier, but sometimes I wonder if it's because of my job. The first thing one of the girls told me at LYO was that he was really cute...teenagers.

I have a co worker getting married today also, I may be going alone to this wedding, which will be strange.

Tomorrow, the foreign exchange students go to Dyersville to the Field of Dreams movie site. We watched the movie last weekend. We will watch the game and then go out for food. Should be a fun day.

The LYO has also been asked to do highway cleanup this morning. Most of the kids cannot make it, but I will be there and hopefully I will find the time to do laundry and housework too.

No comments: