Sunday, September 9, 2007

getting into a routine

Hey everyone,

Today is the day of the foreign exchange student picnic. I am sick today, so Warren and Svenja went without me. I hope they have fun, it will be a great opportunity to meet other students from around the world that ended up in Eastern Iowa.

Svenja starts school tomorrow. She was registered on Friday and I think she was a little overwhelmed with deciding what classes she is taking. Their system is in trimesters, so Svenja's schedule will change in every three months. Svenja is from a village of approximately 300 people and the high school in Vinton/Shellburg has 60o students.

We went grape picking yesterday. Warren promised we would help, so Svenja got to experience grape picking. It was fun for us, but I am not sure how much Svenja liked it. I asked her a couple of times if she wanted to go home and she said no, so I hope she didn't hate it. We went to the movies last night, Svenja picked Rush Hour 3 and she really enjoyed the movie.

That's all for now,

2 comments:

Jennie W said...

Sounds like she is adjusting well, though! How is her English?

Amy J. said...

I think her English is very good, but sometimes she is unsure of herself and thinks that her English is not very good.