Tuesday, January 29, 2008

hey there

I have not been much into writing lately, so I thought I'd catch everyone up.

Things are pretty much the same around here. Winter is wearing on everyone. Last week was really cold. Monday was awesome, it was almost 60 degrees. Today a blizzard is here with blowing snow and the temperature was 34 degrees this morning and is below 0 degrees now. Warren will be blowing out our drive again. Everyone seems really cranky around here and I think the weather has something to do with it.

My work is going to be crazy soon. We have had 4 social workers taking higher positions and 2 moving, so we are down 6 workers so far. I'll be getting more cases as those caseloads will need coverage. I hope they get the new workers hired and trained soon, there are two additional workers that will be on maternity leave in late March/early April.

Warren's work is pretty crazy, he cannot do overtime, yet he is expected to get everything done by the deadline. He's being pulled in many directions at work.

I'm not sure if Svenja even has school anymore. There has been so many late starts, storm days, and early outs that they will be in school until July I think. Seriously, it will be sometime in June.

We ripped the carpet out of our living room and am considering doing the same in the hallway. We will refinish the floors and am going to paint the living room also. I'll get pictures up in later blogs.

No comments: